New Advances in Shape Analysis and Geometric Modeling
The workshop will be held under the umbrella of the Cyberworlds 2007
conference, October 24-27 in Hannover. Of special interest will be contributions addressing issues related to characterizing and representing complex geometrical data and shapes by using concepts from computational and differential geometry, differential equations and computational topology.
The accepted papers will be will be printed as a special session in the CW 2007 Conference Proceedings (by IEEE). Extended versions of the best papers will be published in a special issue of the "CAD Journal".
Topics of Interest:
- 3D data compression including data of geometric objects and voxel data, modern wavelet methods
- The medial axis, its generalizations and applications
- Multiscale and multi resolution geometric modeling and appropriate data structures
- Applications of methods from computational geometry (including differential geometry) and computational topology (e.g. morse theory) on shape analysis and shape modeling
- Applications of mathematical methods such as ordinary and partial differential equations on shape analysis and shape modeling
- Applications of Laplace spectra for shape compression and characterization
- Methods for analysis of dynamic volumetric and image data, based on geometrical, topological and analytical approaches, generalized to higher-dimensional data.
Papers in English containing original and unpublished results are solicited. Maximum 10 pages including figures for full and 5 pages for short papers are acceptable.
The Proceedings of CW 2007 (including the accepted papers of the NASAGEM Workshop) will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press. Authors of accepted Papers should use the instruction of IEEE Computer Society Press Proceedings Author Guidelines.
Paper submission will be electronic through the conference web-page. Acceptable file formats are: Postscript and PDF. Hard copy submissions are not permitted. All paper submissions must reach us by May 12, 2007.
The Workshop is Organized By
Prof. Franz-Erich Wolter
Leibniz Universität of Hannover
Division of Computer Graphics - CYBERWORLDS
30167 Hannover, Germany
Tel.: +49511 762-2910
Fax: +49511 762-2911
Download the PDF Version of this Call for papers.
|Final Deadline for all Submissions||25 May 2007|
|Notification of Acceptance||26 June 2007|
|Author Registration||18 July 2007|
|Camera Ready Version Due||3 August 2007|
|Conference||24-27 October 2007|